This page can be used to:
To address the interests of the JCPA readership and the publication standards of the JCPA, and facilitate acceptance and speed of response, please read and address the stipulations in the guidelines pertaining to your article type.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO READ:
1.THE GUIDELINES FOR ALL JCPA AUTHORS
2.THE PUBLISHER'S INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL AUTHORS. IMPORTANT NOTE
3. JCPA Aims and Scope and as applicable:
5. THE GUIDELINES TO SPECIAL ISSUES
GUIDELINES FOR ALL JCPA AUTHORS:
Thank you for your interest in submitting your work to the JCPA for publication.
The Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis is committed to publishing outstanding scholarly manuscripts in all areas of Public Policy. The papers submitted should be of the highest scholarly standard and adhere to the JCPA readership's expectations as outlined in the JCPA's Comparative Aims and Scope (see www.jcpa.ca). The JCPA is also the primary publishing outlet for innovative research on all facets of comparative policy analysis. In submitting the manuscript, please consider the following:
- Does the article clearly address the comparative Aims and Scope of the JCPA? Note the seven criteria of comparative work – which goes beyond the narrow perception of comparisons between nations or institutions.
- Does the article make a contribution to the ongoing scholarly dialogue on comparative policy analysis.
- Does it advance the domain of comparative policy studies? How?
- Does the article contribute to the development and testing of comparative methodology, theory, or their practice implications;
- Is its methodology sufficient and appropriate for its topical subject?
- Is it well-written?
- Does the manuscript include appropriate documentation and sufficient references to relevant literature?
- Could sections of the manuscript be reduced, or, if tables are included, can they be eliminated?
- Is its argumentation sound?
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING STIPULATIONS
- All Manuscripts must be submitted in MS Word
- Papers MUST be cleaned of all identifying author information from the file properties, the body of the paper and from all footnotes and references; otherwise the paper will be returned to you for your attention to this important feature of the anonymous blindfold reviewing process
- Manuscripts MUST NOT be longer than 8000 word; if over, they will be returned
- Title, abstract inclusive of contribution statement, and keywords are required on the first page of manuscript
- The abstract MUST state the object of inquiry, and the main results and, make a compelling argument about the contribution of your paper to comparative public policy theory, methodology and/or their practice implications.
- Please ensure your KEYWORDS section contains the terms "comparative," the field of study, and the methodology used
Prior to submission, please visit recent Volumes of the JCPA where contents should model ongoing dialogue on Comparative Policy Analysis issues which are in line with the JCPA Aims and Scope
The JCPA publishes only high quality scholarly papers. Each paper is double-blind reviewed by three reviewers. JCPA’s acceptance rate is 21%. Acceptance, revision, or rejection decisions will be conveyed to the author by the editor-in-charge of your article. Acceptance or rejection decisions will be reached in consultation with the Editor-in-chief who has final authority.
The JCPA commits to a particularly fast response track. Articles submitted receive a first response within 10-14 days, within which time-span, if the submission is found suitable, it is assigned three reviewers. Reviewers are requested to submit their reviews within 45 days. Nevertheless, the topic, the quality and contents of the articles, as well as timely adequate submissions and resubmissions are the responsibility of the author.